Wednesday 16 November 2011

Am I a hopeless romantic?

I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula right now and loving it. A few years ago I had to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein which I also enjoyed. There is something so beautiful, tragic, and romantic about the two stories. I'd definitely recommend both of these horror classics.

I adore this photo. She is lovely. The make-up artist in me is screaming "look at those eyebrows! Perfection!"

                                                 Original Morticia Addams; full of grace.

                                                                Vampires. Romantic.

Then I got to thinking about some of my favourite movies and was surprised by some of the romantic themes each of them had.

For anyone that cares here's a little list of some movies I could watch again and again:

Amelie

1996 Romeo and Juliet

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

How funny is it that if asked I would probably say my favorite genre of movie is comedy and that I don't like romantic comedies? I can't stand a typical romantic comedy with the lame story that is so easy to figure out after 10 mins. I like watching comedies because often my own life can be really upsetting and it's fun to just watch something so stupid and laugh my face off; as my wise esthetician said (about comedies) "It's like eating junk food! How can you not like it?" Such a smart women.
However, the movies I listed as my favourites are all about something more than just romance and I have more movies that I would consider my favourites outside of these ones (for example, Crash which is about racism on so many levels, but I couldn't find any good youtube clips).
What are your favourite movies?

3 comments:

  1. I saw that you commented on Cup of Jo's giveaway for the necklace...I am doing a similar one & I think you would love it! Come check it out...

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Donnie Darko :-) -- Love and Redemption

    ReplyDelete