Thursday 13 October 2011

Keep Calm and Have a Cup of Tea

Today Dad and I went to Eteaket http://www.eteaket.co.uk/. It was great! We had a traditional Scottish tea time with sandwiches, ginger-bread (basically banana bread made with ginger), mini-treats, and of course tea. I had a herbal tea blend of peppermint, chamomile, strawberry, lavender, and rose. Dad and I got to talking about potentially opening a similar sort of tea place in Victoria (because we both seem to be drawn to business). So many people would enjoy a lovely tea time without paying an arm and leg at the Empress. Would any of you be interested?
          Dad and I both find this picture super amusing because he looks like an excited little boy.

                     This photo is mainly to show just how small the mini-treats really were.



Otherwise today I went to H&M with my Dad where he got some new jeans and we went to British Home Stores to get new towels. No gym today as I went 3 days in a row prior.

Unfortunately, we're in a routine now which is making it so that we bicker and laze about and have no motivation. I can't stand it. Today I felt like a ghost in the house. Nobody would talk to me as I filtered in and out of the rooms. The sad part is, I didn't even really feel like engaging in conversation. My brain is experiencing so much turmoil. Just like the Clash I am continuously asking myself "Should I stay or should I go?" My self-esteem and confidence are slowly plummeting. I am too old to model. To quote another song that seems totally relevant, "They only want you when you're 17, when you're 21 you're no fun. They take a polaroid and let you go, see if they'll let you know." Yeah...I'm 21. Boo. Past my modeling prime already. I just feel so angry at myself and also so depressed. Fuck. I hate this. I don't even think Victoria will fix what I'm feeling.

Sorry for the sob sorry. My blog has become my agony Aunt because I feel that I have so few people to talk to that actually want to listen.

Must not end on a depressing note! I determine the quality of my own life and by goodness I am going to try to have an amazing day tomorrow doing all the things I love. :) Living right downtown in a very safe and exciting city is great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment